06 December 2006

Dion gets off to a good start

Every reader will know that Dion wasn't my first choice - but he turned out to be the second choice of many, and that's the Liberal way (apparently). So, I was pleased to see that he wasted no time getting out there and kicking ass:

-Ratcheting up the pressure on the Afghanistan front, demanding a Marshall Plan style approach and critiquing Harper for (a) not demanding a quid pro quo for our extension and (b) using the extension as a political ply to embarrass the liberals during a leadership campaign when soldiers lives are more important. Zing!

-Telling Harper to get stuffed on same sex marriage, and having faith that in a free vote his caucus will also vote like charter Canadians (memo to Paul Szabo... you're a dinosaur).

-Laughing at accusations by Ezra Levant that he is not Canadian enough, and refusing to give up his dual citizenship.
He's also acted with class by giving Iggy the second speech in Question Period, and he's not setting any deadlines on throwing out the government. Keep it up, M. Dion.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gavin,

Sorry I missed you in Montreal! I know Stephane wasn't your first choice, but he was mine. Gerard was a great guy the many times I met him. Maybe next time, eh?

December 06, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, you should have dropped me a line! Congratulations - I think he'll make a fine leader.

December 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You saw how crazy it was. I'm going to do a summary on my blog to try and put into words how crazy it was. I barely had time to read blogs in the morning before rushing out and no time to respond. Suddenly I wake up and I'm back on the westcoast not knowing how I got here.

If you're ever out this way, drop me a line!

December 06, 2006  
Blogger Penelope Persons said...

There was a pair of popular pundits (sorry) on Newman the other day expressing amazement that Stephane had done so well...

However, if they had been checking out the bloggers-who-care, they'd have known that Dion was the 2nd choice of just about everyone who supported someone else first.

I guess because we aren't "real" journalists.... they were reading only each other's tea-leaves.

December 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home