08 September 2006

Women Warriors

I just read this article, which states that India has put together a team of elite female police officers that will be the first women-only UN Peacekeeping unit. They will be deployed to Liberia, where they hope that they will be more appproachable, but just as tough, and where they may be a more welcome intervention force to women, who always have a tough time of things during war. It wasn't that long ago that women were though to be unfit for combat, period. You've come a long way, baby!

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Thanks for the article. I think it's fantastic that women are fighting back.

The courage of all soldiers is beyond my pervue...to see these women taking up the cause, well.

I would be called a pacifist incidentally, but I understand rape and I understand justice...legal justice.

We'll see where this goes.

September 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home